Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Smore Smores...

Peter built us a great fire pit in the backyard. We call it our "recession fire pit". We've been wanting a nice copper fire pit but don't have/want to spend the moolah so we used what we have and it turned out great!
So we bundled up the kiddies and had a bonfire. We even made smores. Samantha liked them...minus the marshmellows but whatever..we actually got her to sit by the fire. (This is a step in the right direction-eh Susan?!) She did help me blow out my marshmeloows...yes, I like mine chared.
Cole wasn't sure what to think about all of this. It dawned on me that he really isn't outside a whole lot...that needs to change!


Getting bundled.


Daddy and the kids.


Mmm...smores!


Look at that fire.


Singing and clapping.

2 comments:

Hegarty Family said...

Definate progress! I don't blame her, she probably isn't crazy about the fact that her hair smells like fire. :) I am also thrilled to see that Eric isn't the only one who can't handle marshmallos. Guess he's not weird anymore. Hope to see you guys soon!

Rachel Olimb said...

She's getting the best two parts really. If you had to delete one part of the smores, marshmallows would be the right answer...although, I'm with you, charred is the best!