Thursday, May 14, 2009

I can see clearly now...

New windows have been a long time coming in the South house. One by one they started failing and we were basically paying to cool our front and back yards. So we went for it and got new windows. Sooo glad we did it and sooo glad we are done!

Demolition:

These pictures were hard for me to look at...I wasn't home when all of this took place. I packed up the kids and stayed away. Thanks grandpa for letting us camp out at your house!
The dust was unreal, although they did a great job cleaning up after themselves.


A view into the kitchen--where there is supposed to be a large sliding door!

Sammie's room exposed!


Yikes! Again, so glad I was not home for this part!!!


A view into our bedroom/bathroom.


Finished project:

After they were finished it was like a new house. And, they sent window cleaners...my windows will probably never be this clean again! Alright electric bill, let's see some results!


So new and shiny.

No more aluminum!

2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Could you throw some dirt on them, the glare is killing me over here in Gilbert :). They look so sparkly!

I totally want an update on your electric bill! I hope they help keep you cooler and save you money!

Hegarty Family said...

Looking good! It is a good thing you weren't home, could you imagine? I'm kind gonna miss that old kitchen slider; I'm actually going to have to open the screen door! : ) Woo hoo for home improvements!