Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm going back to Cali...

We are back from California. We survived. It was 29 hours in the car all together. Whew...that's a lot of hours.
The driving went great, really. The kids did awesome, really. No major incidents to report.
These kinds of trips are the ones you remember...can't wait to look back and talk about this one:) Thanks Kristin and Brian for putting on such a great weekend. You are a beautiful couple. We love you guys!!!!

Getting ready:
It was a lot of packing and preparation to go away for 5 days...luggage, food, snacks, games, books, movies, etc!!!

I should've taken a picture of the bags all filled up!

This is only some of Cole's food!

California:
The drive was LONG but the kids did really well. I thought I overpacked the car but I apparently packed just enought to keep them entertained. Thank goodness.
We made it!

Are we there yet?

The first night: Our first night on the road we stayed at friends of family, the Rosenthals. They have grandkids so they had everything we could need. A crib, a changing table (which is a sight for sore eyes when you've been stopping at roadside truck stops-ew), toys, books, and home cooked food for dinner. Thanks Karen and Ed-you're great.

They had this toy train to ride on, Sammer loved it!

Their granddaughter Tarin stopped by and the girls had fun playing in their pj's.

The rehearsal lunch:

The next day was the rehearsal. I was a little concerned because Samantha wanted no part of practicing for the wedding but as it turned out she ended up doing great. She had fun with her cousins Maddy and Vivian.

Drinking lemonade out of a "teacup". The girls said they were having a tea party!

Me and Kristin.

A quiet moment-Cole was with Gpa and Sammer was playing-good times!

Krisitn and Cole.
San Fransisco:
The day of the wedding we decided to go to San Fran. We were going to ride the ferry but miscalculated and missed! So we drove instead. Luckily Peter called a friend in Cali who personally navigated us through the traffic on the cell phone. What a life saver would have been stuck in traffic forever-thanks Dan!
I got a little nostalgic and teary thinking of how 8 years ago we were there on our honeymoon and now here we were with our family of four! Time is a crazy thing.
Favorite memory of the day-walking around the pier and Sammie saying, Mommy this is amazing!"
It was a COLD day!

The sea lions were first on the agenda.

Sammie, Gma, Meagan, Peter and Cole bundled up!

Peter, Cole, Sammer, Meagan and Gpa.

Cole, Gma, Gpa and Sammie.
The wedding:
I know I don't need to say this, but Samantha was beautiful in her dress. Such a little princess. There were four flower girls and they did a great job--no crying, screaming or running down the isle! And there was even a cutie little ring bearer!
The wedding was beautiful. It was on a golf course overlooking the valley. Kristin was a beautiful bride and her new hubby Brian is great.

Sammer, Taylor, Vivian and Maddy.

Hold it tight.

I love you big girl!

Getting ready for the big walk.

Grandpa bonded with Cole on this trip-every time Cole sees his Gpa now he laughs-so cute!

Dropping petals, great job!!!

Uncle Jay and Kristin.

Cole was pretty entertained with Sammie's purse.

Husband and wife.

A flower and a kiss for daddy.

The whole crew.

Cole visiting with Great Grandma.

The reception:
This is when the real fun happened! Samantha danced her little tootsies off. She could not have had much more fun. Twirling and spinning and running and playing with her cousins. Does it get much better than that. Oh yes-dancing with her daddy! Fun memories.


I love this one-Vivian and Sammer twirling together.

Watch me twirl.

Having the time of her life.
Cuttin a rug with daddy.
He recognized his name and thought he'd see how it tastes.
A new toy (a.k.a neclace) to play with!
Party's over!!!

4 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh my! We totally need to see more pictures of Sammers in that dress!!

Glad to have you guys back in AZ :).

Clare Contemplates Madeleine's Musings said...

Great pictures!!! Looks like an awesome time!
I think you and Peter are troopers for the amount of time spent in a car with two kiddos!! I don't think I could do it! BRAVO! : )

Hegarty Family said...

Awesome pictures! I am so thankful that the trip went well. it looks like you all had a blast. Sammer looks like she could be a wedding pro!

Chris said...

Looks like you all made some amazing memories! Can't wait to see more pictures. Miss you guys :)