Today we decided it was a good day to explore. So we loaded up the car and headed up to Cave Creek to the Rio Verde river. We packed a picnic and were on our way. We enjoyed all of the wildflowers along the way--mostly yellow and purple. Sammie was a little sad there was not much red! The hills were covered in yellow flowers..I really should have taken a picture-oops!The river was so full we couldn't believe it...we even saw an otter!!! That was the excitement of the day. Then we skipped some rocks, fished with reeds and had our picnic. Then, we snoozed all the way home (at least the kids and I did!) It was a beautiful way to spend an Arizona spring day!
Picking out rocks to throw in.
Getting a lesson in skipping rocks. Peter hasgot the touch! I was much better when I wasabout 10!
Hangin out.
I love her face, "Sorry Mom, I don't know what to
tell you!"
Fishin. "Cheese".
Talkin with Daddy.
One of my new faves...gazing up at
Daddy.
He really amuses himself. It's funny.
BTW, 2 seconds later he was crying?!
1 comment:
Oh, that looks like a wonderful day, capped off by a nap - nice! I love that picture of Cole with his hands in his pockets :). So glad you guys got to enjoy the beautiful weather today as a family! So fun!
Post a Comment