Monday, June 7, 2010

Retreat

This last weekend I went on a weekend getaway with my good friend Mary. Her sister has a "cabin" up in Pinetop Lakeside. Although, it's more like a beautiful house than a cabin.
We had a great time. Sleeping, long drives, ski lift, hikes, drinks, quiet, fresh pine air and much more. Here is just some of what we were up to...


Mary and I.

The cabin.

This is when Mary was calling her sister because she
FORGOT THE KEY!!! Luckily the reality office up the
street had a spare (we got there within 10 min of them
closing!)

We drove up to sunrise to ride the ski lift and
in the way we saw a herd of deer. There were
about 30! It was amazing.

Had to take a pic of the ski lift so that I could
show Sammer.

The view from the top of sunrise.
We just sat here and stared for a
long time. SO beautiful.

I love how this tree looks like it's

pointing to the cloud!

Here we are at the top.
This is where we had some fun the first night.
And the sign is no joke....the wineburger was
outstanding! Best burger I've ever had.
Enjoying some scenery.
Look, a tree!
And rocks!
This stream looks like it's flowing right to the big tree. Love it.

2 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh I was hoping you would put up some pictures of your girlie weekend!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time, and thanks so much for introducing the tree and rocks to us :).

Clare Contemplates Madeleine's Musings said...

Ahhhh. Relaxing. I think I need one of those weekends!