I can't say enough wonderful things about Cardon Children's Hospital and our surgeon. They were so great, going out of their way to make her comfortable and happy. From coloring books, to a gift bag to flavoring her anestsia mask to wagon and car rides. I could not believe how nice the hospital was-she had a 42" TV in her room with EVERY channel and movie known to man!
We got to go home the next morning. The funniest part about this whole thing has been all of the funny things she says while doped up on hydrocodone. That stufff is no joke. It is so strong. But thank goodness there are such medicines that can help with pain.
We have just been laying around watching lots of movies and tv shows, playing games, coloring, making bracelets and eating LOTS of macaroni. I think we may have to have macaroni detox after all of this is said and done.
It's really tiring and emotional to see your baby in pain/discomfort. That's been the hardest part of all of this. We have never really experienced this and it's not that fun. I just want to wave a wand and make it better but that's just not how it works. Patience, prayer and lots of hugs and kisses are all we could really do.
Today she was feeling the best she's felt. Grammie and Grandpa came by for a visit and she was playing, eating and running around like her usual self. She even ran an errand with me in the afternoon! I guess we overdid it because at dinnertime she had a complete meltdown and ended up falling asleep on the couch at 6:00. She has NEVER fallen asleep on the couch before so I had to get a picture.
Here's hoping she bounces back to her happy self soon! Thanks for all of the love and support!
3 comments:
That picture is just the most adorable thing I've seen! What a brave little girl. I hope she's feeling better, even this morning. Love you, Sammers.
What a sweet picture! So glad that she is getting back to her old self. We are looking forward to seeing you guys!
Feel better soon Sammie... way to be a trooper!!
Post a Comment