Friday, December 17, 2010

Disneyland

Last weekend we went to Disneyand. We only spent one day there and decided that next time we really need a couple of days. We were running through that park trying to give the kids a glimpse of the magic. It was so fun to watch their faces--sometimes terrified--mostly happy. Sammie met her 3 favorite princesses, and we had lots of interaction with characters, which Cole was not too sure about. He would get excited when we spotted them but then when we got up close he'd just say "no" and hug me tight. He was brave though and made it through.
We had Grammie and Gpa South and Gma and Gpa Loughrige with us too. It was fun. Peter and I aren't sure who had more fun-the kids or the grandparents! It was a great family memory that we'll cherish.

The night before...
Cole and Sammie were super excited the night before. Cole loved the whole "hotel experience". The big bed, the tvs, the view from the window-it was all very exciting. But his favorite-jumping on the bed and sitting right in front of the tv with his sister watching Christmas cartoons.


The park...
We had a great time at Disneyland. We went on rides, ate to our hearts content...churros, biegnets, corn dogs, candy..., laughed, watched a parade, fireworks and wore ourselves out! It was fabulous. The park was decorated for Christmas. It was gorgeous-ornate wreaths and garland everywhere you looked. The parade even had Santa and Mrs. Clause and it snowed after the fireworks. And the fireworks!!! Green and red Christmas fireworks, happy faces, and even hearts. Never seen anything like it. Not sure if I will ever want to go back to Disneyland any other time of year.

The Buzz Lightyear ride. Cole was not sure about this. It was our
first ride and we just kind of threw him in!

Cinderella.

Snow White.

Her favorite, Sleeping Beauty. We have NEVER seen Samantha
as quiet and shy as she was with the princesses, it cracked us up!

Wishing well, Sammie was singing into it.

Our first encounter--Goofy's nose bonked Cole
on the head, he didn't like that.

Minnie.

Cheeseballs.

Pluto.

On Gpa's shoulders. This is where I spent
most of my childhood!

Sleeping Beauty's castle-it was amazing, especially
at night all lit up.

Her ears. "This one will be great Mommy cause
I'm into wedding stuff". Ha!

Watching the parade in amazement. He'd wave to the characters
as they went by and yell to us like we didnt' see them. So fun to
watch him experience this.

4 comments:

Hegarty Family said...

Love all the pics! Looks like a great time was had by all.

Clare Contemplates Madeleine's Musings said...

That looks like an ah-mazing trip!!! The pictures are great and I love the matching pj's!

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh I LOVE this!!! I cannot believe how many different characters you guys saw, you only saw Woody and Jessie, you scored!! And, I'm so happy you got to see the fireworks and snow, it's pretty magical right :). So happy you all had a wonderful family trip!!!

Chris said...

I agree, once you go at Christms you can't imagine going anyother time of year! So happy you all had fun.