Thursday, February 17, 2011

Zoey

Today we said goodbye to our dog of nine years. She was 14 and 1/2 years old.
I took her to the vet this morning and she had a slew of health problems that would have made her life more painful. It was a very difficult decision but I stayed with her as the vet put her down. It was a very peaceful experience and we are at peace with it. Although, we're very sad. I was so anxious to tell the kids but they took it well. Sammie said, "Like, Maura, she had a dog, and now it's in heaven." Love how everything is so simple to a child.
We'll miss you Zoey Boey. You will forever have a special place in our hearts.


~Zoey~ July 1996-February 2011

3 comments:

Hegarty Family said...

We'll miss you Zoey!

Clare Contemplates Madeleine's Musings said...

I am so sorry. All dogs go to heaven and she is running around up there with our Pooper.

Rachel Olimb said...

That picture of the three of them is so, so sweet.